Anex Trade Limited (“ANEX”) warrants that all ANEX manufactured equipment will be free of any defect in materials or workmanship for the period of (1) year. Warranty begins from the date of shipment from a ANEX facility. The warranty is extended to customers and applies to all ANEX manufactured equipment purchased, installed, and used for the purpose for which such equipment was originally designed. The above warranties cover only defects arising under normal use and do not include malfunctions or failures resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, problems with electrical power, usage not in accordance with product instructions, acts of nature, or improper installation or repairs made by anyone other than ANEX or a ANEX authorized third-party service provider. ANEX reserves the right to substitute functionally equivalent new or serviceable used parts.
1. During the applicable Standard Equipment Warranty Period outlined above, customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of the Standard Equipment Warranty will be, at ANEX’s sole discretion and option, the repair or replacement of the defective product. Components that customer claims to be defective must be available to ANEX for inspection and evaluation. To be entitled to rights under the Standard Equipment Warranty, the customer must notify ANEX in writing within thirty (30) days after discovering a suspected defect in any product, but in any event prior to the expiration of the applicable Standard Equipment Warranty Period. Notice to a ANEX dealer, systems integrator, sales representative or other third party is not notice to ANEX. Following its receipt of any such customer notice, ANEX will determine whether the reported problem is covered by this Standard Equipment Warranty. If ANEX determines that the problem is covered, ANEX will authorize repair or replacement of the defective product, as deemed appropriate by ANEX in its sole discretion.
2. Before shipping any product to ANEX, the customer must obtain a written return authorization from ANEX, and provide any proof of warranty eligibility requested by ANEX. Any product received by ANEX without a return authorization may, at ANEX’s option, be returned to the customer collect. If a warranty replacement part is required, customer shall provide Purchase Order to ANEX prior to shipment of the replacement, to guarantee the return of the rejected unit. Purchase Order is valid until suspected part is received and warranty is confirmed by assessment. Once a return authorization is obtained, the customer is responsible for packing and shipping the product/component to which its warranty claim relates to a service facility designated by ANEX, within thirty (30) days after receipt of the return authorization. Upon receipt of replacement equipment (or part thereof), customer has thirty (30) days to tender the defective equipment (or part thereof) to the return carrier for shipment to the service center designated by ANEX. If customer does not timely return the defective equipment (or part thereof), ANEX shall invoice customer for the list price of such equipment (or part thereof), plus applicable shipping. Such failure to return the equipment (or part thereof) may, in ANEX’s discretion, be grounds for termination of the warranty and/or suspension of any future advance exchange privileges until such outstanding defective equipment has been returned.
3. ANEX will provide customer with new, rebuilt, refurbished or alternate equipment (or part thereof) of equal or improved quality, as exchange equipment (or part thereof) to replace eligible defective equipment (or part thereof). Any alternate equipment (or part thereof) will meet or exceed the specifications of the replaced equipment (or part thereof). Rebuilt or refurbished equipment may bear cosmetic blemishes that do not affect performance. Unless otherwise specified by ANEX in writing, repaired or replaced equipment (or parts thereof) are covered only for the remainder of the term of the applicable Standard Equipment Warranty. All defective equipment (or parts thereof) replaced by ANEX become the property of ANEX. ANEX has no obligation to (i) service, exchange or otherwise replace any equipment (or part thereof) that has been damaged, modified, abused, misused or over-used as determined by ANEX or has been used with non-ANEX supplies or products that have caused damage or malfunction; (ii) paint, refinish, refurbish, restore or exchange any equipment (or part thereof) with cosmetic blemishes; (iii) service, exchange or otherwise replace any equipment (or part thereof) if the same would interfere with, impede or be redundant with normal or scheduled maintenance of such equipment (or part thereof); (iv) service, exchange or otherwise replace any equipment (or part thereof) that is within sixty (60) days of the end of its production life; or (v) provide any 3rd party application software support or service involving application hardware or replace any accessories. If ANEX elects to perform any such services at customer’s request, then such services will be deemed a service call and all labor, parts and materials used for the service call will be charged at ANEX’s then - prevailing rates.
ANEX does not warrant or guarantee, and is not responsible for:
1. Defects, failures, damages or performance limitations caused in whole or in part by (A) power failures, surges, fires, floods, snow, ice, lightning, excessive heat or cold, highly corrosive environments, accidents, actions of third parties, or other events outside of ANEXs’ control, or (B) customer’s abuse, mishandling, misuse, negligence, improper storage, servicing or operation, or unauthorized attempts to repair or alter the equipment in any way. Customer must provide qualified technical personnel to maintain and repair the equipment.
2. Alterations and/or Modifications to any part of ANEX’s product, without ANEX’s written authorization unconditionally VOIDS the ANEX Standard Warranty. Equipment built to customer’s specifications that are later found not to meet customer’s needs or expectations.
3. The performance of the equipment when used in combination with equipment not purchased, specified, or approved by ANEX.
4. Batteries and other consumable goods.
5. Wearable items, such as tooling, cables, part harnesses, contacts etc.
1. OEM or third-party equipment that is incorporated into ANEX equipment is covered under the applicable ANEX Standard Equipment Warranty unless the OEM or Third-Party equipment carries its own limited warranty, in which event the OEM or third-party warranty will apply to such equipment incorporated into ANEX equipment. For example and not limitation, PCs, LCDs, PLCs, motors and drives are OEM products that have a limited 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
2. Items Sold As Resale. Items sold as resale are such items that are not manufactured by ANEX but may be utilized in conjunction with or independently of ANEX manufactured equipment (such as computers, printers and network adapters) and shall be covered only by the specific warranty terms of the supplier or original equipment manufacturer of those items.
3. The ANEX Warranty applies to the original purchaser, and is not transferrable. Used Equipment. IF THE EQUIPMENT SPECIFIED IN AN ORDER IS DESCRIBED AS USED, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BY THE PARTIES, IT IS SOLD “AS IS” AND WITH NO WARRANTY.
ANEX warrants that the services will be performed in a professional manner (the “Services Warranty”). Notice of a breach of the Services Warranty must (i) specify in reasonable detail, the nature of the claim, and (ii) be received within ninety (90) days from the last day of performance of the services. Upon notice of a breach of the services warranty and ANEX’ determination of the validity of such breach of the Services Warranty, ANEX will re-perform the applicable services at ANEX’ expense. If after reasonable opportunity ANEX is unable to re-perform such services to the reasonable satisfaction of customer, customer may, as its exclusive remedy, obtain a refund of the fees paid to ANEX under the applicable order for such services.
Anex Trade Limited
25/F Workington Tower 78,
Bonham Strand Sheung Wan,